Applicants must meet the following requirements;
- Be 17-1/2 to apply and 18 years old to enter Apprenticeship.
- Have graduated from high school or passed the GED or an equivalent. You must bring proof of graduation or a GED with you..
- Have completed one full year (2 semesters) of high school algebra with a grade of “C” or better, or completed one semester of college algebra with a "C" or better.
- Official high school and/or college transcripts can be mailed directly to the apprenticeship training office, or bring the transcripts in a sealed envelope the day of application. Before an application will be considered complete, we must have an official transcript.
- Pre-employment drug testing will be required before an applicant is put to work.
An application will be given to you on application day only after you have given the REJATC proof of the above requirements.
You may also download a fill-able pdf version of the application that you may fill out, then print, and bring with you on application day with the other required documents. You can find that in the Downloads area of this site.
If you would like to apply for the Sound and Communications Apprenticeship Program you may apply online at norcal-jatc.com. You will still need to bring all of the other required documents to the REJATC in person on application day.
Applications for entry into the Electrical Apprenticeship Program are accepted, in person only, on the first Wednesday in January, April, July, and October between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. at the Training Center office: 1726 Corby Avenue, Santa Rosa, California, (transcripts, proof of H.S. graduation, or GED, and Driver's license must be brought the day of application). After you submit a completed application, the next step in the process is an Aptitude Test. The examination will be scheduled approximately the second week in February, May, August and November. The date and time will be given to qualified applicants on the listed application days. The test consists of two sections: algebra and reading comprehension. (Please note: It may take between four weeks to six weeks to receive results of the aptitude tests.) All applicants who receive a minimum qualifying score on the examination will be scheduled for an interview before the Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee, approximately the third week in March, June, September and December. All applicants interviewed will be rated and merged into the pool of eligible applicants. The Committee will select the top-rated applicants from the pool for placement on the job and for classroom training.
If you have questions about the application process or the program that have not been answered in the information above or in the FAQ's menu selection , please email the Training Director Rob Barsi at REJATC@sbcglobal.net. All other questions will be answered on the days applications are accepted.
Applications are available on the listed application days and need to be submitted in person.
WE ACCEPT APPLICATIONS, IN PERSON, ON THE FIRST WEDNESDAY IN JANUARY, APRIL, JULY, AND OCTOBER BETWEEN 1:00 PM-4:30 PM AT 1726 CORBY AVENUE, SANTA ROSA, CALIFORNIA 95407.
If the first Wedensday happens to be a holiday, applications will be accepted the following day.