What are My Expenses?
There are a few costs that you should consider, such as:
- It is recommended that you have a personal computer and internet access at home.
- You must have laptop while in school.
- Special Clothing for Harsh Environments
- Dues & Working Assessments
How Do I Qualify?
Applicants must show proof of the following:
- Be 17-1/2 to apply and 18 years old to enter Apprenticeship.
- AND must be a high school graduate or have received a GED
- AND must have completed one full year (two semesters) of high school algebra with a "C" or better, or one college semester algebra credit with a "C" or better. Positive documentation is required by official sealed transcript showing courses and grades from High School and/or College. If the documentation is not written in English, the applicant will need to have it translated prior to submitting it on application day.
- AND possess a valid Driver's License
- AND have completed an application with the above documentation attached.
Individuals that have one of the following documented, do not need to meet the requirements of High School Graduation/GED or Algebra:
1. A minimum of 2,000 hours of electrical construction work experience recognized by the State of California (Copy Required)
2. Military experience with an Honorable Discharge within the last 5 years. In addition to the required information listed above, you may submit with your application a DD214 showing any related military training.
How do I get an application?
Applications are distributed when the proper paperwork is submitted, and must be completed in person, on the first Wednesday in January, April, July, and October between 1:00 pm-4:30 pm at 1726 Corby Ave., Santa Rosa, CA.
You may download the application, fill it out on your computer, print it, and bring it with you on application day with all of the other required documents. You may find the application under the Downloads tab on the left of the screen.
You may request an application by emailing REJATC@sbcglobal.net. Please explain the reason that you are requesting an application by mail and provide the required documents. When your request has been received, it will be reviewed. If your request is deemed to be reasonable , an application will be sent to you after showing proof of meeting the qualifications.
In addition to the required information listed above, you may submit with your application a DD214 showing any related military training.
All applications must be submitted in person along with the required material. Applications are accepted on the first Wednesday in January, April, July, and October between 1:00 pm - 4:30 pm, at the Training Center office: 1726 Corby Avenue, Santa Rosa, California.
When do I get tested?
Qualified applicants will be notified of the Aptitude Test Date, Time, and Location when they have submitted a completed application form. All applications must be completed and returned with required documentation to qualify for the next Aptitude Test.
You must bring a valid Driver's License with you to the Aptitude Test for Identification purposes.
What can I expect of the interview?
After completion and passing of the aptitude test applicants will be scheduled for an oral interview. Applicants who qualify for an oral interview will be notified of the interview date and time. Applicants will be interviewed by a committee representing both NECA and IBEW. The committee will consider such attributes as;
- Work Experience
When Will I go to work?
Ranking & Indenturing;
Based on the interview, applicants will receive an overall ranking score. Applicants will then be ranked on a list according to this final score. As new positions become available in the apprenticeship program, names will be taken off the list starting with the highest score and offered apprenticeship.
Applicants names will remain on this list for up to 2 years. If you have not been selected within the 2 year period you may reapply at the end of the 2 year period. However, you may request to re-interview AFTER 1 year if you have made significant changes to your qualifications such as education or 1,000 hours of related work experience.
Prior to being indentured, applicants selected from the pool of interviewed applicants must be at least 18 years of age, possess a valid Driver's License, and will be required to pass a drug test before an indenture agreement can be signed.
If accepted into the program you may request credit for previous work experience you obtained. Proper documentation will be required. The Committee's decision will be final.
The recruitment, selection, employment, and training of apprentices during their apprenticeship, shall be without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex or age - except the appilcant must be at least 18 years of age to apply and 18 years of age at the time of indenture. The JATC does not, and will not, discriminate against a qualified individual with a disability becuase of the disability of such individual. The sponsor will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under applicable law and lawful regulations issued thereunder.